Why not change things up and take your date to the great outdoors! Here are a few great (some are even free) options for your special date.
1. Go for a Hike or Bike Ride...many communities have great trails to hike and the scenery can be quite peaceful. Bring your bike if that is more your style. Some trails located within a city have businesses along the way so you can treat your date to a cold beverage or frozen yogurt. If you prefer the woods then don't forget to pack along some drinks to keep you both hydrated.
2. Tennis...Even if your new to the sport you can still have fun tossing the ball across the net. You may even allow your date to show you some tricks if they are a tennis pro. It's a great way to burn calories and still carry on a conversation.
3. Golf...This activity is already a popular sport for couples. It gives you quality time to catch up in a relaxed setting. Remember to not be a jabber mouth while your partner is getting ready to tee off!
4. Batting cages...Getting ready to swing with this activity. For more personal contact ask your date to help you with your swing.
5. Outdoor Games...Bocce Ball, Horseshoes and Bean Bag Toss are all great outdoor games. You can set them up in your own yard or head to a park if you prefer to leave the house. Some bars & restaurants even offer these activities on their patio during the summer.
6. Picnic...A very romantic date in the movies often includes a picnic. Give it a try! Get out the picnic basket and fill it with salads, sandwiches, fruit and wine (only if you are old enough!) or any other favorite foods. Don't forget the blanket to sit on during your picnic.
7. Fly a Kite...When is the last time you got to fly a kite? If the wind is blowing grab a kite and find a grassy area to let it soar. This is sure to bring out some giggles from your date.
8. Farmer's Market...Stroll through a local Farmer's Market to find fresh produce to whip up a great dinner with your date. Grilled veggies and a glass wine on the patio sounds like a great date.
9. Frisbee Golf...Many parks offer Frisbee golf. If you are at the park having a picnic why not add this activity to your adventure.
10. Pool or Lake...Splash around in the water, go for a swim or relax on a lounge chair. Take in the sunshine with your date by the pool or on the lake. You may need to help them lather on the sunblock!
11. Fishing...If you have access to a fishing rod then why not reel in your date on a fishing trip. When the fish aren't biting it gives you a great opportunity to talk to each other. But when you hook a big fish you may have to work closely to reel it in.
12. Take a Walk...Go for a walk in the neighborhood or enjoy some window shopping in a retail district. As you pass by parks or businesses it may spark an interesting conversation topic. It's also a great opportunity to hold their hand!
13. Bonfire...A crackling fire is very relaxing and allows you to converse in a warm and cozy environment in the outdoors. Don't forget the marshmallows!
14. Horseback Riding...Find a local stable and saddle up for a ride along a trail or a sandy beach. Sunset rides are beautiful!
15. Drive-in Movie Theater...If going to the movies is your thing then change it up and watching it outdoors! Many communities still have a drive-in theater. Bring a blanket to cozy up and check out the stars on the screen and in the sky.